At Courage Church we are building a team of believers who are passionate about life, loving God, the body of Christ and others! Our ultimate mission is reconciliation (according to 2 Corinthians 5), that we help others find and follow Jesus. We are not looking for perfection, but commitment – to join with the vision God has given us to see our lives change and to make a difference in our city.
This is not a contract or a program, but simply your commitment to be part of the Courage Team over the Summer 2017. We believe that all of us together can make the biggest difference! Sign Up below if you’re interested in being part of the Team.
Summer 2017 Outreach Teams
- Adopt a Block – serving our community by finding needs and filling them. We’ll be helping in practical ways at our building and around the neighborhood weekly on Thursday evenings 630-8pm, begins May 11th.
- Kids Club – providing a fun gathering for kids to attend weekly on Thursdays from 630pm-8pm, runs May-September. Volunteer roles include checking kids in, crowd control, games, connecting with parents, and more.
- Summer Lunch and Rec Program at Boyer Park – serving free lunches to 18yrs and under, providing simple recreation and activities for children in the neighborhood. This will run Monday – Friday (11am-1pm), July 10-Sept 1st. At Boyer Park on Vernor/Dragoon.
- 4Days – July 25-28. We will be hosting 100+ youth who will partner with us. Roles needed throughout the week are project leaders, hospitality and food, facilities team, sound and tech and administrative assistance.
- First Impressions and Hospitality: this includes many areas such as hosts, ushers and door greeters for services, clean up/set up for services and events, providing food and refreshments, Info Desk, and connections with visitors.
- Security and Parking Lot: Welcoming and directing vehicles in the parking lot as well as working to ensure safety inside and outside of the building during services.
- Worship and Tech Ministry: using your talents and art to lead others in worship, includes sound system, media, instrument and vocals.
- Prayer Team: Being part of a team trained in praying with others and intercessory prayer during services.
- Courage Kids: On Sundays, our team provides quality children’s programming for nursery through grade 5. Roles include nursery caregivers for infants and toddlers, Check in desk and welcoming families, teaching or assisting teachers, crafts and games, crowd control and just plain fun!
- Valor Student Ministry: reaching students in Middle School and High School through monthly gatherings and outreach.
- Life Groups: New groups will begin in the Fall. Opportunities include leading or hosting a group.
- Pastoral Care Team: caring for those with needs in our congregation on a weekly basis. It could include taking meals, visiting the sick or offering encouragement.
- Administrative Team: helping behind the scenes on details, events and projects. Could include general office duties and assistance during the weekdays, or working remotely on projects and events.
- Building and Grounds: working on simple maintenance and cleaning to keep our property in good condition and ready for ministry.
- Creative Team: working behind the scenes on creating media, print materials, video, graphics, communication, social media and promotions.
- Events: organizing and planning larger outreaches such as 4Days, Backpack giveaway in July, Back to School and Halloween in the Fall, Joy to the D/Christmas in the winter and Easter in the Spring!